The Solutions Architect is an individual contributor, cross functional role that includes technical solution development, proposal support and customer facing sales in support of Partner IT Products, OEM Product Solutions and MicroTech branded solutions and services to new and existing customers. This position also maintains positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. The overall focus areas are in prospecting, developing business, influencing potential RFP's prior to release, developing unsolicited proposals and presentations to customers, and selling Products and Solutions. Cross-functional teams within the business unit and from MicroTech’s Technical, Business Development, and Marketing functions can be utilized and leveraged to attain and exceed sales performance goals. Excellent relationship building, negotiating, writing, solution development and technical architecture skills have proven to be successful in this role.
Essential responsibilities are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities, work effectively across functions with other MicroTech employees to support proposal responses and work with the CTO and partners to develop repeatable solutions for multiple market verticals.
• Contribute to the development and sustainment of MicroTech’s Solutions Portfolio.
Lead the definition and execution of strategies to support strategic alignment with market trends, partner technology road-maps and MicroTech solutions portfolio.
• Hands-on capabilities to develop customer demos and technical documentation in data center and cloud technologies.
• Provide technical direction and writing in response to proposal opportunities.
• Schedule and attend solution and strategy appointments with customers.
• Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
• Align resources within and across MicroTech Business Units with marketing, sales, systems engineering, and professional services to drive sales against agreed upon targets and goals.
• Establish relationships throughout the sales counterparts of key vendor partner organizations to achieve overall sales goals and strategies.
• Enable MicroTech to be the preferred partner within customer accounts.
• Build awareness with customers and key vendor partners of MicroTech through communication of the strategic benefits of the partnership.
• Ensure growth and customer satisfaction.
• Directly work with vendor partners counterparts on a daily basis.
• Understand Channel Programs of vendor partners to maximize sales opportunities and profit margins.
• Work with MicroTech and assigned vendor partner personnel to drive partner activities such as marketing events, joint sales engagements, and executive meetings and reviews.
• Update MicroTech management personnel on plan progress, challenge areas and expected successes.
• Build business cases to justify investments and resources to address revenue upside.
• Participate in technical certification training opportunities for key vendor partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT solution development, engineering or architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
• Experience writing proposal technical volumes
• Proven track record of successful relationship building with accounts.
• Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
• Aptitude for understanding how IT solutions solve business problems.
• Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
• Strong understanding of Federal sales strategies, Channel programs, products, and services.
• Strong understanding of how to use GWACs, IDIQs and small business status to your advantage
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and have ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
• High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly-growing organization
Must be eligible to hold a DoD security clearance at a Secret level.