As the Computer Network Technical Support Administrator, you shall perform the following functions:
Customer and Technical Support. Provide comprehensive customer and technical support for office computers, peripherals, and the network. Duties will include user assistance and administration, software management, inventory management, and problem analysis and resolution. You must be qualified and possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to fully perform the duties and functions detailed below.
Administration Services. Provide planning, analysis, troubleshooting, integration, installation, operations, training, documentation, maintenance, and systems administration services for various types of data networks including, but not limited to:
- Enterprise systems, Local Area Networks (LAN), including network infrastructure hardware, Wide Area Networks (WAN), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), client server, and internet access. LAN is to remain available to users 95% of the time, that is, 24/7 with the exception being scheduled maintenance or an AFNet service interruption which is beyond our control.
Network Support. Network support functions include, but are not limited to, the capability to:
- Monitor operation of the AIS to ensure hardware and software are functioning according to standards.
- Identify and report network related problems to the Army Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and the Air Force Enterprise Service Desk (ESD).
- On an as needed basis, the contractor shall prepare planning and logistics for local, in-house conferences, presentations and teleconferences as provided by the COR.
- Analyze and assess equipment and performance degradation, including determination of hardware, software, and/or other technical changes necessary as well as distribute new hardware acquired through Air Force quarterly central refreshment program to meet operational requirements.
- Evaluate hardware, firmware, peripherals, software packages, etc. for use by staff and provide recommendations for accomplishing the desired objectives.
- Provide virus detection, elimination, and prevention support by performing network-based scans for viruses and unauthorized software and facilities to counter/eliminate/control.
- Run routine security scans to identify and correct vulnerabilities.
Server Support. You shall provide support for AFMOA/SGAL servers including:
- Submit provision requests for creating and maintaining Exchange mailboxes, restoring lost or damaged files, and troubleshooting connection and performance issues.
- Development, production, and test web and database servers including troubleshooting connection and performance issues, and restores of lost or damaged files.
- SCCM-Systems Center Configuration Manager Server for managing Windows-based systems to include remote control, patch management, software distribution, network access protection, and hardware and software inventory.
- Perform restores of files and directories as needed for users on public and networked drives.
- Create and maintain print cues.
- Plan, implement and manage an automated software update solution.
- Server uptime shall exceed 95% to include schedule maintenance.
Helpdesk Support. The Contractor shall provide Systems helpdesk support. The helpdesk will be the central point for users with computer hardware/software/network problems. Helpdesk support functions include, but are not limited to, the capability to:
- Deal effectively and assist customers both on the telephone and in person with minor computer problems.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered using software or other methods.
- Troubleshooting will consist of resolving trouble call problems with equipment which must be brought into the system's area, in user work areas, or by using remote administration.
- Identify application problems and consult with computer programmers, and outside system administrators when required.
- Train users in the proper use of new software applications by developing user manuals, programmer maintenance manuals, system design documentation, step by-step instruction, etc.
- Support a vast range of Operating Systems (OS)/Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software including but not limited to Windows 7, MS-Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Internet Explorer, and Symantec and McAfee Antivirus.
- Provide support services to maintain file/application backup capability.
- Respond to help desk inquiries by close of business on the next business day (close of business 4:30 p.m.).
Technical Assistance. You shall provide administration and technical assistance as required in support of specialized Medical Logistics AIS including but not limited to:
- Defense Medical Logistics Support System (DMLSS), Automated Business Service Systems (ABSS), Commanders Resource Integration System (CRIS), Federal Logistics Record FEDLOG, Universal Data Repository (UDR), Medical Readiness Decision Support System (MRDSS), and the Theater Enterprise-Wide Logistics System (TEWLS).
- The AFMOA/SGAL website.
- Assist software and website developers in researching solutions to problems relating to data transfers, server settings and permissions issues.
- Interface with concomitant agencies to ensure system interface within one week period.
Manage User Accounts. You shall be responsible for user accounts and passwords to include:
- Control the assignment and termination of User Identifications (USERIDs) and passwords for SGAL AIS users in accordance with established security policies and standards.
- Reset passwords as needed.
- Assist in creation and renewal of VPN accounts.
Manage Asset Inventory. You shall maintain the SGAL software and hardware inventory and oversee the lifecycle of those assets by:
- Properly recording and tagging all new equipment and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software and license information prior to issuance to users.
- Configuring, integrating, distributing and troubleshooting servers, PC-based microcomputers, network printers, scanners, and personal digital assistants.
- Obtaining, compiling and burning Air Force Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC) installation discs. Modifying, testing, re-imaging, and deploying organization-wide to ensure compliance with Air Force regulations.
- Physically store all software and equipment as required by security policies and standards in DIACAP IA Control DCHW-1 HW Baseline and per DoDI 8500.2 E4A3.
- Obtain necessary signature(s) and record equipment issues, transfers, and turn-ins.
- Dispose of unused and/or outdated software and excess equipment in accordance with local disposition and security policies and standards.
- Perform an annual inventory of hardware and software assets.
Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.