As an Expert Telecommunications Specialist with MicroTech, you will research and recommend voice, video, and data communications software and hardware. You will apply expertise to interface computer and communications components.
Analyzes network characteristics and modifications to components
• Maintains equipment and analyzes operational malfunctioning with test equipment.
• Tests newly installed equipment and repairs or replaces faulty equipment using testing devices.
• Ability to assess complex problems, investigate and resolve problems at an advanced level (Tier 3).
• Ensures that all software including network control programs satisfy the communications needs covering both the hardware and software installed.
• Develops or assists in the development of standards for carrier service and equipment.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate telecommunication documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regulatory monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short and long range planning for in-house systems.
• Able to serve as a liaison to users, departments and vendors by providing the expertise on all aspects of telecommunications services and systems used throughout the enterprise.
• Research and recommends available and emerging voice, data and video communication technologies for future implementations.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
• Designs and optimizes topologies and configurations.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs voice, data and video equipment according to layouts, floor plans, sketches, and wiring diagrams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Education and Experience Requirements: