- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, and complex and inter-related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures strict conformance to/with program task schedules and prices.
- The SSME will have domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities in support of this requirement, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- The SSME should have the technical level of experience to oversee the requirements described herein. This individual must provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments, and must establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Lead the effort to secure and protect all government information and ensure all business is conducted in a manner that is above reproach.
- Manage personnel to ensure proper expertise and the program function properly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.